Sunday, July 21, 2013
Tuesday, May 21, 2013
"Let him kiss me with the kisses of his mouth" Song of Solomon 1:2
Bible scholar, Tremper Longman says:
"The first poem is a passionate exclamation on the part of the woman, who desires union with the man. The woman takes the initiative here and in many of the poems of the Song. The aggressiveness of the woman in the Song undermines our stereotypes of ancient gender roles and instructs those today who look to the Bible for guidance in matters of relationships."
Monday, May 13, 2013
"My lover went down to his garden, to the bed of spices, to graze in the garden, to pluck the lilies. I belong to my lover, and my lover belongs to me - he grazes among the lilies."
Song of Solomon 6:2-3
According to Bible scholar, Tremper Longman, the "garden" mentioned here is a "symbol both for the woman herself as well as for the place where love is made." He also mentions the theme of grazing expresses intimacy.
Monday, April 29, 2013
Wednesday, March 6, 2013
"So much does the devil hate the estate (of marriage); as he also otherwise, wherever he can, constantly opposes and interrupts God's word and work, and often succeeds in making man and wife sullen and afterwards impatient and bitter towards each other, so that their pleasure is turned into displeasure and their joy into anger and pain." Martin Luther (1536)
Thursday, March 1, 2012
Part of the reason we feel so horrible about ourselves is because we're surrounded by unhealthy, unrealistic images of tall, anorexic looking women on TV, movies, billboards, magazines, Internet, at the mall, you name it, they are everywhere! Don't buy into the lie that you need to look like one of them. We women come in all shapes and sizes. Who said there's only one attractive size?
When we focus on our flaws we rob ourselves and our husbands of joy. Realize that when we withhold sex or have angst during sex because of our body image it comes down to an issue of pride......our pride. The message you are sending your husband is this "I don't like the way I look so I won't participate and/or enjoy intimacy with you." Ouch!
Guess what? Your dear husband who initiates sex with you finds you attractive!!! He wants to see your naked body. It's the only naked body he's allowed to look at so why not give him the pleasure imperfections and all? Would you rather have him look at porn? I know it's hard to bare it all sometimes, believe me, I know. So here's a few things that have helped me over the years:
1. If you truly don't feel comfortable in your birthday suit, find lingerie that compliments your body shape. Invest, yes it might cost you some $$$, in quality products. I'm talking revealing lingerie, not floor length flannel.
2. Buy a corset! For those of you who haven't read my post on the virtues of the my best friend, the corset, you can find it here.
3. If you're not comfortable with lights in the bedroom, try a few candles in the room. Who doesn't look good by candlelight?
4. Practice random acts of flashing. Flash your husband unexpectedly. If you've always dressed in the bathroom, undress and dress in front of him. While you're cooking dinner give him a sneak peak. Of course you want to make sure little eyes are not around.
5. Sleep in the buff.
6. Exercise. When you have a consistent routine you feel better about yourself and your body, no matter what body type you have.
Be brave, relax, and have fun!
Thursday, February 23, 2012
So, my dear sisters, in your quest to get into the mood I encourage you to have a very open, frank conversation with your hubby about the state of your sex life. Pray before hand! Don't get defensive and do try to empathize.
Thursday, December 1, 2011
Thursday, October 27, 2011
Tuesday, October 25, 2011
top reasons for low libido in women.